Guidance Counselor’s Seminar: “Developing Mental Health Crisis Protocols in School”
The Lyceum of the Philippines University would like to invite you to attend this year’s Guidance Counselor’s Seminar entitled, “Developing Mental Health Crisis Protocols in Schools” is rescheduled on March 1, 2023, Wednesday, 8:00 a.m. to 4:00 p.m. at The Bayleaf Intramuros – Muralla Ballroom (new venue).
As we are now returning to face-to-face classes, managing mental health cases in schools may be challenging. Considering that all of us have experienced the toll of the pandemic and are still facing some uncertainties, there is a need to revive or even strengthen the mental health crisis protocols in schools. This proactive stance can allow our programs and services for students’ and employees’ mental health to become both preventive and responsive. Mental health emergencies were one of the concerns in schools even before the pandemic. This means we need to be more vigilant and having a well-written mental health crisis protocol that is communicated with key people in the school can facilitate mental health needs and emergencies effectively.
Specifically, at the end of the seminar, the participants are expected to:
- Engage in the discussion of the global impact of the pandemic in schools, mental health crisis management through identifying risks and protective factors, understanding the myths and recognizing the profile of individuals at risk,
- Enhance knowledge and skills in the preparation of Mental Health Crisis protocol with preventive activities as facilitating mental health presentations and assessing suicidal risk that are essential in the creation of Risk-Management Guidelines or Protocols for Guidance Counselors, and
- Enrich counselors’ wellness through the principles of trauma-informed care
Early registration rate is PHP 1,400 (new rate) and applies to reservations and payments made on or before February 20, 2023. The onsite fee is PHP 1,800 (new rate)and requires prior reservation which also applies to reservations made after the deadline with limited slots available. Registration is on a FIRST-COME-FIRST-SERVED basis. The fee is inclusive of materials, meals and certificates. Slots are limited, so fill out the reservation form through bit.ly/LPUMNL-GCSEM-MAR1.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS:
- The registration fee of Php 1,400 is payable in full upon signing of this reservation form which serves as an invoice and must be paid on or before February 20, 2023. For on-site payment, Php 1,800 will be collected on the day of the seminar.
- Payments are preferably made in cash. In case of check payments, only Manager’s or Company checks will be accepted. Please make check payable to: LYCEUM OF THE PHILIPPINES UNIVERSITY
- Over-the-counter payments may also be made at any Bank of the Philippine Islands (BPI) branch (Except BPI Family Savings Bank), to this account: Lyceum of the Philippines University – Intramuros Branch Current Account # 4955-8134-27.
- Please email a copy of the deposit slip to email@example.com. Kindly call or wait for reply to confirm if the reservation form & deposit slip are received at 8527-8253 to 56 loc. 162 or 119 and look for Ms. Lesle Guisansana.
- Cancellation Policy: Notice of cancellation should be sent / faxed in writing to Lyceum on or before February 20, 2023. Otherwise, the registration fee is non-refundable. However, the seminar participation may be transferred to another person with prior notice.
If you have questions, call us at 8527-8253 to 56 loc. 162 or 119 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org and look for Ms. Lesle Guisansana.
Come and be part of this proactive learning experience!