LPU WIFI POLICY AND GUIDELINES
Lyceum of the Philippines University WIFI Facility provides access to vast information resources of internet for instructional material to which students, faculty, and administrative employees can have access inside the school. Internet provides access to curricular and other educational material, and experience in searching for, finding, evaluating and using information delivered electronically.
- Access to the LPU WIFI facilities must not be to violate the laws and regulations of any state, city, province or local jurisdiction in any material way.
- The LPU has software and appliance in place that can monitor internet usage.
- The LPU will implement the use of the technology protection measure, or filter, to protect against access to visual depictions that are obscene, pornography, and materials that are harmful.
- Each user may not use LPU WIFI facilities to download games or to play games against opponents over the internet.
- Each user must carefully consider what information he or she chooses to enter, write or send in LPU WIFI Network. Viruses and malicious code can be transferred via internet, despite virus protection and other security software.
- Use of LPU WIFI is strictly at the user’s own risk.
- LPU does not endorse, warrant or advocate for any particular software application or internet website.
- LPU does not warrant or guarantee that internet filters will block all content that is illegal, inappropriate or possibly offensive to some customers, further, LPU does not warrant or guarantee that internet filters will allow access to some valuable resources materials that a customer may wish to view.
- LPU is not responsible for the accuracy, authority, timeless or completeness of the information available on the internet. However, ICT can provide assistance in verifying such information.
- LPU takes no responsibility, and does not accept liability for any direct or consequential harm to computer users, personal computer equipment, or other property that may result from LPU WIFI network.
- LPU takes no responsibility, and does not accept liability for any of its customer’s computer activities that violate Federal Law (including copyright infringement), state law, local law. Further, LPU does not accept liability for any occurances that result from calling local law enforcement when it appears that any of these laws or policies are being broken.