Senior High School has been deployed in LPU – Manila since the Academic Year 2016-2017 in pursuance of the Republic Act No. 10533 which was signed by Pres. Benigno S. Aquino III into a Law on May 15, 2013. It is the Enhanced Basic Education Act mandating twelve years in the Philippine Basic Education system which empowers every Filipino learner to become competitive in their career path or any discipline they wish to pursue upon completing the K to 12 Program. With all the fervor to serve, LPU has been granted to operate Senior High School by the Department of Education with the provisional permit No. SHS-0059 s. 2015 released on April 21, 2015.
Historically, SHS had an enrollment of 1,034 Grade 11 students when it commenced on June 13, 2016 with Ms. Clarence Ella D. Alipio as the first Principal and Ms. Irene G. Cruz as the Coordinator. There were twenty-eight (28) teachers that comprised the first batch of SHS Faculty.
The strands that were initially offered during the first Academic Year 2016-2017 were the ABM (Accounting, Business and Management), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), and HUMSS (Humanities and Social Sciences). The ABM strand had the largest population of 718, while the STEM had 190, and HUMSS had 126. LPU’s thrust is more on Tourism and Management programs, and that explains why most would prefer ABM.
In the same Academic Year, the SHS LYCESGO (Lyceum Central Student Government) was formed on July 4, 2016 with its first president, Gember Carl Linsangan and adviser John Christian Espinola. On the other hand, the official logo was devised under the expertise of Mr. Alshamir Aripuddin with the help of Mr. Mark D. Dublin. Mr. Aripuddin also composed the SHS hymn entitled “We Soar High” and interpreted by the SHS chorale. It has been really a very fruitful beginning when Ms. Stella Mariz P. Indiongco has successfully launched the official SHS publication, The Lycean Pioneer and Ang Simula.
The Senior High School of LPU envisions itself as the hub of pro-active learners with a strong sense of readiness in their career path exemplifying relevant competencies and values necessary for local and global competition in the spirit of national unity and love of God and country.
The Senior High School is committed to the following mission:
- Engage learners in various research studies that will hone their critical thinking and collaborative skills. (Research)
- Provide outcome-based learning experiences through creative and innovative strategies that will render them technical and conceptual skills. (Instruction and Quality Services)
- Prepare learners to exemplify responsible leadership in school and in society through relevant school activities and industry immersion which are vital for their future real-life encounters. (Instruction and Institutional Development)
- Conduct programs that will serve a purpose to the society and promote social awareness. (Community Extension)
- Produce holistic graduates that meet the demands of both the local and global market with professionalism and integrity. (Professionalism and Values)