History of Senior High School in LPU
Senior High School has been deployed in LPU – Manila since the Academic Year 2016-2017 in pursuance of the Republic Act No. 10533 which was signed by Pres. Benigno S. Aquino III into a Law on May 15, 2013. It is the Enhanced Basic Education Act mandating twelve years in the Philippine Basic Education system which empowers every Filipino learner to become competitive in their career path or any discipline they wish to pursue upon completing the K to 12 Program. With all the fervor to serve, LPU has been granted to operate Senior High School by the Department of Education with the provisional permit No. SHS-0059 s. 2015 released on April 21, 2015.
Historically, SHS had an enrollment of 1,034 Grade 11 students when it commenced on June 13, 2016 with Ms. Clarence Ella D. Alipio as the first Principal and Ms. Irene G. Cruz as the Coordinator. There were twenty-eight (28) teachers that composed the first batch of SHS Faculty.
The strands that were initially offered during the first Academic Year 2016-2017 were the ABM (Accounting, Business and Management), STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics), and HUMSS (Humanities and Social Sciences). The ABM strand had the largest population of 718, while the STEM had 190, and HUMSS had 126. LPU’s thrust is more on Tourism and Management programs, and that explains why most would prefer ABM.
In the same Academic Year, the SHS LYCESGO (Lyceum Central Student Government) was formed on July 4, 2016 with its first president, Gember Carl Linsangan and adviser John Christian Espinola. On the other hand, the official logo was devised under the expertise of Mr. Alshamir Aripuddin with the help of Mr. Mark D. Dublin. Mr. Aripuddin also composed the SHS hymn entitled “We Soar High” and interpreted by the SHS chorale. It has been really a very fruitful beginning when Ms. Stella Mariz P. Indiongco has successfully launched the official SHS publication, The Lycean Pioneer and Ang Simula.
A hub of proactive learners equipped with excellence and innovation in the service of God and country
The Senior High School is committed to the following mission:
- Engage learners in various research studies that will hone their critical thinking and collaborative skills. (Research)
- Provide outcome-based learning experiences through creative and innovative strategies that will render them technical and conceptual skills. (Instruction and Quality Services)
- Prepare learners to exemplify responsible leadership in school and in society through relevant school activities and industry immersion which are vital for their future real-life encounters.
(Instruction and Institutional Development)
- Conduct programs that will serve a purpose to the society and promote social awareness. (Community Extension)
- Produce holistic graduates that meet the demands of both the local and global market with professionalism and integrity. (Professionalism and Values)
- Effectively communicate the language of business and management.
- Analyze business problems and opportunities to create innovative recommendations.
- Make sound decisions after developing intellectual skills and values needed at work or collegiate education.
- Master the use of information technology in delivering business-related outcomes.
- Acquire appreciation of ethical issues in economic competition both locally and globally.
- Demonstrate entrepreneurial and managerial skills required at work.
- Investigate the variety of human culture and create ways of innovating the way of life.
- Creatively employ a wide range of philosophical methods in explaining varied human experiences.
- Effectively articulate relevant contributions in coming up with decisions useful to the society.
- Use appropriate technological tools in conducting research needed to innovate solutions to societal problems.
- Evaluate diverse ethical views and study their applicability to diverse human needs.
- Demonstrate understanding and flexibility in dealing with diversity and unity among individuals.
- Apply scientific knowledge, skills, and methods to problem solving.
- Utilize analytical reasoning and mathematical techniques in understanding concepts necessary for decision making.
- Conduct inquiry-based investigations using scientific process and information technology.
- Effectively communicate unbiased research orally and written.
- Use available resources in applying their knowledge and skills needed at work or collegiate education.
- Demonstrate systematic application of scientific knowledge and critical thinking skills in addressing some issues in the society.